Thinking about getting your lashes done but not sure about the Eyelash Extension Aftercare?
Let’s learn how to take care of eyelash extensions!
Eyelash Extension Aftercare Checklist
Here are the easy and simple steps of eyelash extension aftercare without further talking.
The lash aftercare instructions they give in the salon:
- No water in the first 48 hours of application
- Forget about touching and rubbing your eyes
- Clean every day (make sure to use a dedicated eyelash foam cleanser)
- Use a clean mascara wand to align and gently brush in the morning.
- Use only oil free products products around the eye and no other facial product for 24 hours.
- No Eye make up for 24 hours
- For as much as possible, do not apply mascara for more volume, especially waterproof
- Avoid sleeping facing the pillow
- Say no to swimming for 24 hours
- Say NO to high heat: Avoid Sauna and hot baths for 24 hours ( note: sauna can take off the light effect)
- Use Only oil-free makeup and avoid oil based products
- No eyelash curler
- No tugging, no rubbing, no picking, no touching excessively
Note: Some saloons suggest washing your lashes every 2 to 3 days with a soft bristle brush or fingers.
It is best to check out with your lash artist for personalized orientation.
lash extension aftercare The First 48 Hours
Download Your FREE Eyelash Extension Aftercare PDF Sheet & Card
It is not the end of the world to have your eyelash extensions wet.
However, it usually takes 48 hours for the adhesive glue to dry and get stronger completely.
If you wear make up or oil based products in this lash extension aftercare time, the adhesive glue may dissolve.
Here’s another quick list of the lash extension aftercare don’ts:
What NOT To Do After
- Don’t let eyelash extensions wet
- Avoid extreme heat and steaming
- Say No Steam or Sauna
- Also No Friction
- Sleeping on your side or facing down
- Avoid chemical treatments such as eyelash tinting and so on
- You should avoid treatments such as eyebrow waxing, chemical peels, laser treatments, and so on
Eyelash Extension Aftercare After The First 48 Hours
After the first 48 hours, the glue should dry fully, however, keep caution.
In the salon, they say this will also help prevent your natural lash to fall.
lash extension aftercare dont’s
- extreme heat and Sauna and blow dryer
- Oil-based makeup and cosmetics around the eyes
- Use of eyelash curlers on lash extensions
- Don’t rub, don’t pull
- blow dryer
How Soon can I Wet My Eyelash Extensions?
Some Beauty Salons may assure you can wash your eyelash extensions 4 to 6 hours after the lash application.
On the other hand, Some may argue that it is better to wait 24 or 48 hours to get your eyelash extensions.
It is essential to ask your lash artist for personalized advice.
Eyelash Extension Aftercare From Now On
In this section, let’s give you some eyelash tips on the things you should avoid for as long as you have your false lash extensions on:
- Avoid Oil-based makeup and cosmetics around the eyes, especially eye makeup removers
- Even though it is not forbidden, it is better to avoid applying waterproof mascara in general because you might feel that you don’t need it.
- Avoid running water on your face.
- Be aware that moisturizers may break the force of the glue over time
- Always avoid rubbing, scratching, and picking natural lashes
- Always be very gentle while watching your face
- Wash lashes daily with a washcloth or cotton swab and distilled water
- Say no to curlers on lash extensions
- Sleep on your back, on your side from now on
- If you feel any irritation, itchiness consult your technician immediately
TAKE A LOOK: How To Clean lash Extensions At Home Complete Guide
How To Take Care After lash Extensions?
It is essential to gently clean lash extensions and eyelids every day, as this helps it last longer and protect your natural lashes.
lash aftercare instructions:
- Do your daily lash extensions Cleansing
- Use Lash extensions Brush instead of your fingers
- Sleep on your back
- Avoid sweating, humidity, sauna, heating, etc
- Sleep on a silk pillow
- Avoid eye liner and mascara
Eyelash extension aftercare: How To Shower?
Here we have a few eyelash tips to help you during the lash extension aftercare:
- Do not face the dush while showering. Avoid having your lashes wet right after the appointment
- Keep your shower a little cooler after the appointment
- It is a good idea to wash your face in the sink separately before shower avoiding your lash extensions
- Have your normal shower, always taking care not to wet your lashes in the first 48 hours.
- Gently dry your skin tapping the towel onto your face avoiding lash areas
- With a cotton pad, gently tap the eye area for taking out any water
I wrote an article sharing more tips and tricks to help you clean your eyelash extensions.
more lashes Further Reading: How To Clean lash Extensions At Home Complete Guide
lash extension aftercare & Eye Makeup
Even though it is not a rule, it is better to avoid oil based mascara, and in fact, you might not even feel the need to do so.
But the truth is, if you want a natural lash that lasts longer, I think it is a good idea to avoid them.
Avoid applying makeup on your lash line for as much as possible.
Waterproof and oil-based cosmetics are a big no-no, because they may affect the lash extensions glue.
Eyelash Extensions Aftercare kits
They are a selection of the best products that will help you maintain your lash extensions.
What’s Inside An Aftercare Kit?
Here’s what you need to make your own Eyelash Extension Aftercare kit:
- Mascara brush, on lash extensions
- Lint-free cotton swabs
- foaming lash cleanser or Lash shampoo to get rid of natural oils
- Lash coating sealant
- Lash-extension-friendly makeup remover
- Lash growth serum
- MD Advanced lash growth factor
Eyelash Extension Aftercare Products
Now let’s share with you some best products for your eyelash extension aftercare.
Quick Tip: Remember to avoid oil based products!
1. Mascara brush For Eyelash Extensions
with Cap for Travel Eye Brow lash extensions Mascara Brushes
Ideal for grooming your eyelash extensions every day will keep them aligned.
2.Lint-free cotton swabs
Xtreme Lashes Lint-free Xtreme Applicators
The Xtreme Lashes Lint-free Xtreme Applicators requested eyelash extension aftercare cleansing.
Not only useful to your regular cleanser, but it is also ideal for removing eye makeup such as eyeliner, eye mascara, eye shadow.
They clean the lashes’ natural oils without any lint fibers becoming caught between them.
3. Lash Cleanser Or Lash Shampoo
If you plan to get eyelash extensions, it is vital to have a unique cleanser dedicated to your lashes.
Shampoo Foaming Cleanser & soft bristle brush
This eyelash extensions cleanser cleans deeper and between your own lashes, removing make up, impurities, and residuals.
Its oil-free and very gentle formula is fine for all skin types, including the most sensitive ones.
This means no irritations on your eyes.
In addition, this shampoo conditions and hydrates the lashes while cleansing.
Coat sealants create a protective topcoat that helps your eyelash extensions last longer.
The Coat sealant we recommend for your eyelash extensions is the Black Diamond eyelashes coating sealant.
Black Diamond eyelashes coating sealant
If used every day, this will create a protective coat that allows eyelash extensions to last longer.
This coating sealant is a good step for your eyelash extension aftercare because it holds your lash extensions, promoting lash growth.
More than that, it prevents lash fallouts, strengthens your lashes, is anti-inflammatory, and hydrating.
Apply the product alone, or before mascara.
You can use it every day or just two or three times a week as you feel that’s best for your lash extension.
One great thing about it is that it is tinted in black, providing thickness with a more vivid bolder look.
Eyelash Extension Aftercare Pdf Cards Sheet
Download Your FREE Eyelash Extension Aftercare PDF Sheet & Card
Now that you have the list of basic instructions on how to take care of eyelash extensions, I want to share something with you.
Here we have a little gift for you! The printable eyelash extension aftercare instructions and after card.
Here we are making available for you a convenient Eyelash Extension Aftercare PDF sheet, as well as an aftercare card, also in PDF.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news from our blog and download your free Eyelash extension aftercare PDF Sheet and Card.
Once you subscribe, you can download it and save on your computer, mobile or print it as you wish.
In this article, we talked about Eyelash Extension Aftercare and how to take care of eyelash extensions.
We have also covered the dos and don’ts of the eyelash extensions aftercare, as well as myths and trues.
We have given you some great tips on how to have shower and how to clean your lashes during the eyelash extension aftercare.
If you want, you can also download the eyelash extensions pdf sheet with big summary of the essential information and checklist.
There is also a Eyelash Extension Aftercare PDF card that you can print in conjunction to the Eyelash Extension Aftercare PDF sheet.
There is also much more information as we intended to create an extensive Eyelash Extension Aftercare guide.
If you still have any questions, or if you would like to add something to this article, you can leave your comments down below this article.
If you want to talk to me, please send me a message on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to give it back to you!
Also, if you liked this article, or if you know someone that is looking for Eyelash Extension Aftercare advice, please share it with them!
You might like to check these articles as well
- Classic Eyelash Extensions, Hybrid, Or Volume? What To Choose?
- Eyelash Extension Styles: Ultimate Guide For Different Eyeshapes
- Types Of Eyelash Extensions: Which Eyelash Extensions Are best?